Prices for processing, etc.

Guest batman12

Guest batman12

Other then a camera, which I could get for 900 for a week. How much will it cost to shoot, process a super 16 (or 16mm) film? I'm talking cost of film and everything. It will be around a twenty minute to twenty five minute short. Also, could I telecine onto mini dv to edit at my home on my mac with final cut?

First of all "batman", you gotta use your real name, as this is a professional forum.

Here in San Francisco, it's $30 every 100' raw stock, .20¢/foot for processing, $370.00 per hour of telecined footage.

It sounds like you're a beginner as far as 16mm filmmaking goes. You mentioned you can get a camera for $900 a week...if you have $900 to spend, I'd just invest my money in my own camera if I were you, depending on your project.

These are not the cheapest prices, Vedran. Most of the time, cheapest is in L.A., due to competition and exposure. Another reason for the difference may be from stock and service availability, as well as local economy. Try shopping for film lab work in Los Angeles, New York, or Italy. Hope that helps.

-Matt