V1U

Mark Henderson

What's the word on the V1U? There is no subforum for it or I would ask there. Here's what sony.com says:

With the groundbreaking HVR-V1U compact professional camcorder, in addition to standard 60i you can shoot progressive scan footage and still edit using regular Sony HDV equipment. In addition to typical 60i, the HVR-V1U offers 24p/30p progressive scan capture, enabling cinema and drama productions in its compact yet high performance unit.

Seems like it offers 24P like the Panasonic P2, but without the card hassle.

Thanks, Mark

Agreed there should be a subforum.

Personally don't rate the camera against the Z1. Despite the proggressive scan it uses a CMOS sensor. In the short time I spent with the camera I found it had a very limited tonal range with regards luminance and colour fidelity wasn't anything to rave about either.

hi

i have to disagree with David i think its by far better then the z-1

i work with the v-1 and shoot with it over 15 music videos and let me tell you i am i love

it has real progressive(not like the z-1 cine frame) it has far more attitude because of the camos sensor es and the EPP you see more detail in the highlights

it has slaw motion( although you lose resolution)

the only problem with here that she don't have synchro scan

and has great gain even in 9db you can hardly see it ( not like the HVX 6db is hell of noise)

i work with the cam with 35adapter and need less light to use

and in the day sony will bring out hard disc that can record HDMI that day will be black day for the P2

• 2 weeks later...