Air Blowers

Hey all, I'm looking for a tool that I could use to clean out dust from a lens. I have some canned air, but I want something that can be used anytime and doesn't run out. I see many things, like these rocket blowers (http://search.ebay.com/rocket-blower_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40), but I'm not really sure how good they are, or what size to even get if they are good. I'll be using them for film cameras, for cleaning the gate.

Thanks!

• Premium Member
Hey all, I'm looking for a tool that I could use to clean out dust from a lens. I have some canned air, but I want something that can be used anytime and doesn't run out. I see many things, like these rocket blowers (http://search.ebay.com/rocket-blower_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40), but I'm not really sure how good they are, or what size to even get if they are good. I'll be using them for film cameras, for cleaning the gate.

Thanks!

Total rubbish as far as I'm concerned. They don't have the pressure to really do anything useful. Stick with canned air for some stuff and a good brush for lenses. As for cleaning the gate, do it properly with an orangewood stick. Air won't clean out the film emulsion residue.

Edited by Chris Keth

Do not ever used canned air with lenses. The "air" is actually pressured chemicals which will gradually strip the lens coatings off. That's what I've been told straight from the Arri techs.

Yup!

Never use canned air on lenses. Get a simple hurricane blower, camel hair brush, cleaner & tissue and that's all you need. But feel free to use canned air when cleaning the mags and after cleaning the gate with an orange stick.

:)