16mm Camera Purchase

Alex M. White

I am looking to purchase a 16mm camera in the next few months. Now, there is no expectation of getting work from this: it is strictly for reel development and personal usage. I would prefer a camera that is modifiable to Super 16mm and can shoot crystal sync, but cost is more of a factor than sync sound.

Here are some of the models I am deciding between:

• Krasnogorsk K-3
  • Bell & Howell Filmo 70DR or 70HR
  • Beaulieu R16
  • Canon Scoopic 16M
  • Pathé Webo M Super 16

Also, I am most likely not going to buy a Bolex. If anyone can recommend other models, I would be eager to hear about them.

Thank you for your time and recommendations!

Hey Alex, I have a GSMO standard 16 camera package, crystal-controlled motor 12-64 fps, sinusoidal registration movement, reflex viewfinder,handgrips, 400 coaxial magazine, Angenieux 17.5-70mm T2.5 zoom. It is one of the two camera that we used to shoot a music video. It's like shooting with an ARRI SR ( just as quiet, easy to load, built like a tank ) and for 1/4 of the price.

I am looking into selling one of the package to finance the super 16 conversion of the other one.

Ray

Hey Kirk, I am asking $2000 for the package. It comes with an Angenieux lens that I got from Ken

(whitehouse Audio Visual) and it's in pristine condition. I am sorry I wont be able to do trade, as I am trying to raise money for a super 16 conversion.