Another Scoopic Question

Paul Vanderhoof

I want to refurbish a couple of Scoopic cameras myself -- the later M/MS and Sound Scoopic 200 type. Where do you get the right foam -- best foam -- to redo the foam light seals? This is a question for those Scoopic owners who have done their own refurbishing.

Also, any advice regarding opening it up to clean and re-lube? I know somebody out there must be a Scoopic tinkerer.

Thanks,

Paul

I want to refurbish a couple of Scoopic cameras myself -- the later M/MS and Sound Scoopic 200 type. Where do you get the right foam -- best foam -- to redo the foam light seals? This is a question for those Scoopic owners who have done their own refurbishing.

Also, any advice regarding opening it up to clean and re-lube? I know somebody out there must be a Scoopic tinkerer.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul

I have done all my Stills and Cine cameras with these kits, they work fine I dealt with with a chap in the States although I live in UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAMERA-LIGHT-SEAL-RE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Regards

Don

Hi Paul

I have done all my Stills and Cine cameras with these kits, they work fine I dealt with with a chap in the States although I live in UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAMERA-LIGHT-SEAL-RE...1QQcmdZViewItem

Regards

Don

Don,

Thanks for your reply. I will check out that link. Any advice on cleaning and lubricating the cine cameras, especially Canon Scoopic?

Thanks,

Paul

I cleaned up and resealed my Scoopic.

It was absurdly dirty. It was in an old case, and all that old rubbery foam stuff turned to gritty dust, and got all over and in the camera.

Anyway, I just scraped off what I could, slowly and carefully use alcohol & Q-tips and scrubbed and scrubbed.

I used very thin sewing machine oil for lubing (I'm sure someone here is going to tell me not to do that), and DAMN! I can't remember the stuff I used to reseal the door, but it was this blue, kinda spongy stuff in a tube.... sorry, I can't remember what it was!

P.S. I'm still looking for either an old Scoopic gate from an M or MS, or an old trashed M or MS that I can scavenge the gate out of.

MP