Looking For HD cameras

Edward M

Ciao Tutti,

I have been handed a project, to setup the whole inhouse TV broadcast suite and on top of that select the most appropriate studio gear, I am so afraid of getting the wrong equipment.....I want to recomend to the most appropriate gear.

PRINCIPLE INTEREST

1 - Camera to shoots perfect outdoor and terrain and nature shots prefereabley with an option of changing the lens on the camera, very durable (HD)..budget $ 35,000 @

2 - Dollies, tripod and accesories

3 - Cameras to be used for indoor news (shoting anchor man, weather man etc), (HD) budeget $20,000 @

4- A good inexpensive camera, for reporter to run out and gather news, the idea is to have the reporter working as a script editor and cameraman all in one (HD) handheld would be perfect budget $8000

5 - TV Sets

6 - Studio lighting

All information would be most useful to me

Edited by Sedu

Ciao Tutti,

I have been handed a project, to setup the whole inhouse TV broadcast suite and on top of that select the most appropriate studio gear, I am so afraid of getting the wrong equipment.....I want to recomend to the most appropriate gear.

PRINCIPLE INTEREST

1 - Camera to shoots perfect outdoor and terrain and nature shots prefereabley with an option of changing the lens on the camera, very durable (HD)..budget $ 35,000 @

2 - Dollies, tripod and accesories

3 - Cameras to be used for indoor news (shoting anchor man, weather man etc), (HD) budeget $20,000 @

4- A good inexpensive camera, for reporter to run out and gather news, the idea is to have the reporter working as a script editor and cameraman all in one (HD) handheld would be perfect budget $8000

5 - TV Sets

6 - Studio lighting

All information would be most useful to me

If you're going to be mixing and matching footage, and it looks like you are, I'd recommend sticking to the same brand/lens. At this point, that limits you to the Panasonic, as Sony has changed lenses on it's budget lineup (EX1) so the footage does not match up well.

Once you know which cameras, can do a better job with the rest of it. Look at Panasonics Business website, and compare the cameras there.

• Premium Member

I don't mean to insult you but I must ask in all sincerity: How did you manage to get this job when you are obviously not qualified to perform the duties required? Do you really expect some one on this forum to sit down and do your job for you?

If you're going to be mixing and matching footage, and it looks like you are, I'd recommend sticking to the same brand/lens. At this point, that limits you to the Panasonic, as Sony has changed lenses on it's budget lineup (EX1) so the footage does not match up well.

Once you know which cameras, can do a better job with the rest of it. Look at Panasonics Business website, and compare the cameras there.

I will have to say the AG-HPX500, but I assume 14,000 is without the lens...any ideas on the best solution for lens, also this seems like its a little bulky to run around with. looking at the AG-HVX200A for more mobility with journalists running around chasing riots and whatever it is they do

I don't mean to insult you but I must ask in all sincerity: How did you manage to get this job when you are obviously not qualified to perform the duties required? Do you really expect some one on this forum to sit down and do your job for you?

Heya Frank

As I said before I am not into Video\film...I do not expect anyone to do my job for me. I have done alot of research over the past 2 months and gathered alot of info on camera equipment and accesories...but the biggest issue is to get the pieces of the puzzle together, not all that one reads in the brochure is 100% accurate....

Where I come from selection of the appropriate managment depends on attention to detail and being meticulous when selecting solutions, equipment and making decissions with precise perfection, I imagine that is the reason I got the job.

I worked previously on a TV project, never recommened any studio equipment and accesories but did the backbone IT, low frequency and high frequency stuff. I do not want to even dare attempt recomending poor equipment as the last guys on the project I worked on made bad recomendations that were a disaster for the client...I want to be sure I get the right stuff

As I said very open tp ideas all are positive to me...will take all in best faith and thanks for the note Frank

First of all, best of luck on your project. It sounds really exciting...

Frank, how do we know if he is qualified, we don't really know what his duties are. Hopefully there is more to his job than buying equipment....? And asking for suggestions for this here I don't think is such a bad thing.

Kristian

• Premium Member
First of all, best of luck on your project. It sounds really exciting...

Frank, how do we know if he is qualified, we don't really know what his duties are. Hopefully there is more to his job than buying equipment....? And asking for suggestions for this here I don't think is such a bad thing.

Kristian

Yes we do know what his duties are. He is setting up "the whole inhouse TV broadcast suite and on top of that select the most appropriate studio gear". He rightfully is nervous about screwing it all up. This is a huge undertaking which should be preformed by someone with experience. Otherwise it will wind up botched up just as he said someone else had done previously. And no, asking here is not such a bad thing. I just don't know who is going to sit down and address the very long and detailed list of information that he has asked for.

I was just curious as to how he got the job. And his answer was that he got it because he has "attention to detail" and he is capable of "making decisions with precision perfection".

I wish him luck. He will need it.

Yes we do know what his duties are. He is setting up "the whole inhouse TV broadcast suite and on top of that select the most appropriate studio gear". He rightfully is nervous about screwing it all up. This is a huge undertaking which should be preformed by someone with experience. Otherwise it will wind up botched up just as he said someone else had done previously. And no, asking here is not such a bad thing. I just don't know who is going to sit down and address the very long and detailed list of information that he has asked for.

I was just curious as to how he got the job. And his answer was that he got it because he has "attention to detail" and he is capable of "making decisions with precision perfection".

I wish him luck. He will need it.

Frank,

Thanks for your best wishes. You really want to know how I got the job? The details might take up alot of explaining which I think is not the design for this forum.

I have decided to recommend the Panasonic HPX 500, I spent a larger part of the weekend trying out a rented one, the picture quality blew me away it is a pretty great camera with alot of funtionality, besides I think tapes are slowly going to get phased out, recording on a card is the way to go in my books.

I am still stuck on two things however,

1 - Where can I get a price list on 35 mm FILM Lens from angenieux (heard they are the best lenses on the market) on the internet, have googled all over the place with no joy

2 - The p2 card portable recorder only handles 60 GB of storage 60 GB is nothing when shooting in HD, is there any options to this?

• Premium Member
1 - Where can I get a price list on 35 mm FILM Lens from angenieux (heard they are the best lenses on the market) on the internet, have googled all over the place with no joy

2 - The p2 card portable recorder only handles 60 GB of storage 60 GB is nothing when shooting in HD, is there any options to this?

I would re post the first question over in the LENSES SUB FORUM and the P2 question in the PANASONIC SUB FORUM. You may have more success that way.

good luck.

f

I would re post the first question over in the LENSES SUB FORUM and the P2 question in the PANASONIC SUB FORUM. You may have more success that way.

good luck.

f

Thanks a milion

SM

Frank,

Thanks for your best wishes. You really want to know how I got the job? The details might take up alot of explaining which I think is not the design for this forum.

I have decided to recommend the Panasonic HPX 500, I spent a larger part of the weekend trying out a rented one, the picture quality blew me away it is a pretty great camera with alot of funtionality, besides I think tapes are slowly going to get phased out, recording on a card is the way to go in my books.

I am still stuck on two things however,

60GB should be an hour of recording, which is the max you'd want in a single device anyways due to safety issues.

And a full agenieux lens set would run into the hundreds of thousands. I'd suggest sticking to the lenses that Panasonic uses on the HPX.