Bolex ESM motor and Crystal Sync unit

Richard Tuohy

Hello all,

I have acquired a bolex esm motor and sync pulse generator. I am a bit unsure of the sockets on the motor and sync unit.

On the motor there are 2 x 7 pin sockets and 1 x 3 pin male jack. The Sync unit has 1 x 7 pin socket and 1 x 5 pin socket.

With my motor a previous owner has attached a sticker with the word 'batt' near the lower 7 pin socket (near the fuse). I would have thought the 3 pin male jack was for power ...

Any info or advice would be much appreciated.

cheers,

richard

Hello all,

I have acquired a bolex esm motor and sync pulse generator. I am a bit unsure of the sockets on the motor and sync unit.

On the motor there are 2 x 7 pin sockets and 1 x 3 pin male jack. The Sync unit has 1 x 7 pin socket and 1 x 5 pin socket.

With my motor a previous owner has attached a sticker with the word 'batt' near the lower 7 pin socket (near the fuse). I would have thought the 3 pin male jack was for power ...

Any info or advice would be much appreciated.

cheers,

richard

Hi Richard,

Actually you can use either.

The bottom 7-pin connector is for receiving power from the Bolex power grip if you have one.

It can also be used with an external pack but the pins used for power are different then.

The 3-pin connector can be used with an external pack and can also accommodate a special combined power/remote on-off trigger switch connected to the battery.

The remaining 7-pin socket can be used to connect to the sync pulse unit's 7-pin connector.

The 5-pin connector on the sync pulse unit is for sync pulse output to a tape recorder.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Hi Richard,

Actually you can use either.

The bottom 7-pin connector is for receiving power from the Bolex power grip if you have one.

It can also be used with an external pack but the pins used for power are different then.

The 3-pin connector can be used with an external pack and can also accommodate a special combined power/remote on-off trigger switch connected to the battery.

The remaining 7-pin socket can be used to connect to the sync pulse unit's 7-pin connector.

The 5-pin connector on the sync pulse unit is for sync pulse output to a tape recorder.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Hi Jean-Louis,

thanks for your help on that. Much appreciated.

rt

• 1 month later...

hello, i have a bolex ebm super 16, i buy the control cristal unit from bolex, y do some test , an the camera in sync position go 24 % more faster , so i can have the sync in 24 fps, but i need acelerate the take 24% percent for have the take in sync whit the sound, that is not so good, becouse i loose 24 % of the virgin stock, i send me camera this week to one repare to one guy in argentina, i think the problem was the energy , when i have a answer for the tecnik i write more info about this problem .

mariano monti

www.marianomonti.com