Union rates for Tier1 feature in NYC?

Hi,

I am a student and for my class I have to make a sample budget for a $500,000-935,000 feature to be shot on NYC. Is there any way I can get a complete listing for the minimum UNION/ Standard wage rates for all the production staff?

I have already looked up/ contacted NY411, Mayor's office for film, Local 52 , Local 600, Producer's union, Payroll services (EP and Media Services) but they were generally unable to help me out.

I did track down a list, but it was only for commericals, and I'm looking specifically for feature.

I would really appreciate the help.

thanks.

• Premium Member

If you contacted the unions directly and they couldn't help, I don't know what to tell you. I doubt any of us could tell you know what people like the transpo captain or the 2nd 2nd AD make.

Edited by Chris Keth

Tier 1, 2 & 3 movies are "national contract" films. The contracts are negotiated by the "international," rather than the locals. Tier 1 rates are low. I can be more specific: Holy Crap, those rates are low!

Let it be said, that just because one is making a movie for under a million, that one couldn't pay scale. One could cut back on scope of the production rather than the crew's wages. I know, it's a crazy idea.

Edited by Jon Rosenbloom

I doubt any of us could tell you know what people like the transpo captain or the 2nd 2nd AD make.

Each craft has a different rate for different tiers. I'd be suprised if anyone here kept track of other crafts. Most locals give a card to their members to be able to check their craft's different rates.

You might have better luck to call the west coast regional office instead of just the local. Go to IATSE main website. The locals you called probably couldn't help because they don't handle and know rates for other locals.

Hi,

I am a student and for my class I have to make a sample budget for a $500,000-935,000 feature to be shot on NYC. Is there any way I can get a complete listing for the minimum UNION/ Standard wage rates for all the production staff?

I have already looked up/ contacted NY411, Mayor's office for film, Local 52 , Local 600, Producer's union, Payroll services (EP and Media Services) but they were generally unable to help me out.

I did track down a list, but it was only for commericals, and I'm looking specifically for feature.

I would really appreciate the help.

thanks.

Here you go!

http://www.iatse411.ca/downloads/IATSE%20L...202007-2009.pdf