Canon 814 Electronic Disassembly/Repair

Al Valentino

Hi,

I have a Canon 814 Electronic (Auto Zoom) which used to work fine, until recently. I realized that the aperture needle stays stuck all the way to the right in the red beyond f-32. On closer inspection it also seems as if the aperture is quite small when rolling, so I am led to believe that the aperture is stuck at f-32 and when I pull out the manual aperture ring, it doesn't budge.

Is anyone familiar with this problem, and any possible fixes.

I would like to open it up to diagnose the problem, but it is so hard to open, does anyone have a disassembly diagram or repair/service manual? I've removed all the visible screws and also the ones hidden under the leather trimming and rubber footing, but still have no idea how to crack this shell. Please help.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

Is anyone familiar with this problem, and any possible fixes.

This is a very common problem in this camera. The problem is nothing but a rubber piece becoming old. Best you can do is to visit Nakano web:

www.nakanocam.com/8mm_page/canon814eeerepai.html

Edited by Miguel Loredo

This is a very common problem in this camera. The problem is nothing but a rubber piece becoming old. Best you can do is to visit Nakano web:

www.nakanocam.com/8mm_page/canon814eeerepai.html

Yes, but he says that it is stuck in auto as well. Might be electrical.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, but he says that it is stuck in auto as well. Might be electrical.

I work for Pro8mm and we specialize in the Canon 814 cameras. You can check out our website at www.pro8mm.com or call us up at 818-848-5522. More than happy to help you with your Canon 814. We also work on the Canon 1014s as well as most Beaulieu super 8 cameras.

• 6 years later...

Hi there,

I started dissasembling my Canon 814, but It seems my apperture blades loose (they move if I shake the camera) and the manual control makes strange stuff. Also the apperture needle is also loose.

Can someone help me out on the best way to get to the apperture blades and try to correct things up? It would be really helpfull...

Best regards,

Sergio