short trailer on kodak vision2 200t 16mm film

you can find the trailer on www.shoeboxproductions.nl its shot on an outdated 20meter kodak vision2 200t 16mm film, its in the tradition of the nouvel levague movies, and you can even see a redhead reflection in the window :).

We shot it on an eclair acl with an angenieux 15-150mm lens.

We used three red heads and one kino flo.

no one likes to comment?

I have actually watched it about 10 times because I am considering shooting my next short on regular 16mm. I thought the footage looked great, I prefer it over HD, even without shallow depth of field.

I do have a question though, how was this transferred? What machine? To what format, etc.?

I have actually watched it about 10 times because I am considering shooting my next short on regular 16mm. I thought the footage looked great, I prefer it over HD, even without shallow depth of field.

I do have a question though, how was this transferred? What machine? To what format, etc.?

The shallow of 16mm is quite good, most of the sheaper hd have a 1/3 inch receiptor, when you shoot wide open at 16mm you can archieve a great shallow of depth.

Most of the cheaper hd cams have a 8mm shallow of depth look(deep focus).

we shot this movie on r16 with an outdated vision2 stock which i normally exposed, i hoped that the film was a bit old so it would be 1 stop underexposed, and indeed it was.

Most of the people who expose a low contrast seen, rate the 200t as 100t to get the expousre in the middle of the curve, while doing the transfer you can shine more light through the negative so your blacks become more richer, and you get more punch in your scene, we did it the other way, we under exposed it one stop, and putted more light through the negative while doing the transfer, the transfer was done at pal (720/576), because hd has a 16;9 aspect ration and did this was 3/4 we did it at cineco (www.cineco.nl) and we used a marconi scanner and a da vinci color grading set.

we where done in 10 min, and transferred it to dv cam.

i hope i answered you question.