PL mount Anamorphic Lens Baby

Guest Stephen Murphy

Guest Stephen Murphy

Does anyone know if theres a PL mount lens Baby thats had an anamorphic element added to it? Preferably for rent in Europe?

Does anyone know if theres a PL mount lens Baby thats had an anamorphic element added to it? Preferably for rent in Europe?

I think in order to get that affect with anamorphic lenses you'll have to rent the hylen system, maybe they'll rent one with a PL mount for you...

Guest Stephen Murphy
I think in order to get that affect with anamorphic lenses you'll have to rent the hylen system, maybe they'll rent one with a PL mount for you...

I've never shot with the Hylens before but im not sure it can give me as extreme a look as im going for. Director is using this clip as a reference/starting point -

Any idea how extreme the Hylens can go?

S

I've never shot with the Hylens before but im not sure it can give me as extreme a look as im going for. Director is using this clip as a reference/starting point -

Any idea how extreme the Hylens can go?

S

I played with it at Panavision last year. As far as I could tell it doesn't change the plane of focus like shift and tilts or the lensbaby will, It looks more like an out of focus effect passing through a filter. It is extremely cool looking and quite large. Very modifiable as well, flexible.

Great reference video, I'm not sure it will be able to completely replicate the look but I only played with it in the shop. Best of luck.

Guest Stephen Murphy
As far as I could tell it doesn't change the plane of focus like shift and tilts or the lensbaby will, It looks more like an out of focus effect passing through a filter.

That was my take on it as well so i think im back to looking at a Lens Baby. The anamorphic element is a wish list item - if the job happens it'll probably end up going spherical.