Super 8mm + Super Model + Cinelicious = Delicious

Paul Korver

• Premium Member

Can you not tell anyone what stock was used? V2 or V3 200T? Thanks-

Glad you guys like it. For this clip you're just going to have to appreciate it for what it is... beautifully shot film. Sometimes clients, agencies, or production companies want to keep the details about their productions private.... a right that we as a company totally respect. There's a whole bunch of beautiful stuff we've done that we can't show at all. Just the way it goes.

One thing I will say is that I've seen a lot of SD and HD Super 8mm transfers and am a lover of small formats. When we saw what was possible with the Super 8mm gate on the Spirit, the sharp grain detail and "quiet" noise free highlights... even though it was crazy expensive... we had to buy the gate and Super 8mm upgrade option. So some portion of what you're responding to could be the fact that you've likely never seen Super 8mm transferred on a Spirit before.

Best,

Paul

No, but i've used the Shadow... only in SD. I haven't used the 7213 yet. based on what i'm used to looking at, i'd make a strong bet this is V3. Although the scan is pretty awsome, and I really like the look the colorist used. I'm pretty intrigued and hope to use you guys someday.

• Premium Member

No, but i've used the Shadow... only in SD. I haven't used the 7213 yet. based on what i'm used to looking at, i'd make a strong bet this is V3. Although the scan is pretty awsome, and I really like the look the colorist used. I'm pretty intrigued and hope to use you guys someday.

Sounds great Anthony, glad you liked the look. A comment about the Shadow... Even though the Shadow is sold by the same company it's has entirely different (non Kodak) front end optics and a lower resolution sensor. There's a noticeably difference in image quality between the two systems... which is why even though the Shadow was a lot less expensive only a few ever sold... compared to hundreds of Spirits.