Create a Hollywood colour grade

Bradley Stearn

I came across a low priced colour grading plugin the other day, and thought I had to share it. Most of you most likely already know about it, however if you don't, I highly recommend Magic Bullet Mojo by Red Giant.

Here are the tests I made to test out the preset colour grades with the trial version of the software, what do you all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aac0wSXmEQ4&list=UUt-vkMgOQw3KfFug8-ZOR0w&feature=plcp

Well this is what i think:

Be careful with that.. Magic Bullet Mojo acts like filter, just like those filters you have from Photoshop or even from the Cellphone for the pictures you take. But what you need is the understanding of "color grading", for a better look, or even to say, the correct or proper look for the film that is looking for.

I have used Magic Bullet Mojo and eventually turns out too dull, its always the same and actually you dont even know how color grading works, just by simply apply those filters doesnt mean "film look".

Of course, it can look better than the original footage.. but don't abuse this tool, what you need is understand "color grading" to give your film the best look.