color wash on cyc wall

Matthew Bizer

Hey guys,

I have a shoot coming up in a couple of weeks for a mock runway show for a fashion designer. The client wants to light the cyc wall in our studio space a cobalt blue color while lighting the models neutral on the runway.

I already have a diva light for the runway models as well as a track lighting system running the length of their walk with 200watt units in it. My question is about the color wash. I am looking into DJ led color wash lights in NY to light the wall, but I am not sure. I also thought about using Pars or Fresnels with party blue gels. Can anyone suggest one way or another? I want the rich blue, but I have a rather limited budget. whatever my Option id like to keep the wash under $100 for the day. post-57768-0-01616100-1347574991.jpg

Thanks again

please see my example attached.

Hey guys,

I have a shoot coming up in a couple of weeks for a mock runway show for a fashion designer. The client wants to light the cyc wall in our studio space a cobalt blue color while lighting the models neutral on the runway.

I already have a diva light for the runway models as well as a track lighting system running the length of their walk with 200watt units in it. My question is about the color wash. I am looking into DJ led color wash lights in NY to light the wall, but I am not sure. I also thought about using Pars or Fresnels with party blue gels. Can anyone suggest one way or another? I want the rich blue, but I have a rather limited budget. whatever my Option id like to keep the wash under $100 for the day. post-57768-0-01616100-1347574991.jpg

Thanks again

please see my example attached.

Rosco 125 Blue Cyc Silk on 1.5k cyc lights should work lovely.

If he or she only wants blue, you could also use kinos with super blue bulbs. The kinos may be too expensive though.

If you want color changing, then Colorforce and Selador LEds are among the best LEDs for color washes. You could also try altman LED fixtures.

If you are truly on a budget, you may want to try and get the super blues for the diva lights and rent a tungsten kit for the models. ( I would imagine they make super blue bulbs for the Divas as well)