Lighting rental suggestions in India or Sri Lanka - sturdy chinaballs & pancakes?

I'm going to be DPing a feature in Sri Lanka in a few months and have never shot in that part of the world, nor any 240v country. So I have no idea what the selection of 240v light units is like, relative to the US.

I'm very fond of using multiple 24" chinaballs by Lanternlock that are very sturdy and affordable (http://lanternlock.com/), and was hoping to find something similar for rent or sale in India or Sri Lanka.

Also, can anyone recommend where to rent Chimera or Jem chinaballs or pancakes?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can't speak for Sri Lanka, but India has a very well supported film industry. You should be able to find just about any lighting fixture you want. Generally, in terms of small tungsten lamps, the only difference between a 120v fixture and a 240v fixture is the globe in it. I don't know if you'll find Lanternlocks there but you could just take your own and put 240v bulbs in them.

Thanks for the info Stuart... the producers and myself are aware of the wide range of options in regards to Indian production gear, I was just hoping to get a firsthand recommendation from someone. I also have no idea if Chinese-made units from brands I'm unfamiliar with are more prevalent over there.

I'd also like to avoid dealing with adapters, not to mention shipping from the US and back. Thanks again for the info.