camera movement question

Does anyone know how Emmanuel Lubezki achieved the look for Y Tu Mama También in terms of the slight but not overbearing camera movement? Was it hand held? Some kind of cinesaddle? It looks somewhere between handheld and steadicam, but neither. Or does anyone have any idea how to achieve a similar look?

Thanks!

I am not sure I'm not an expert but I will write what I think and hopefully it will be helpful. I assume you already know MOVI but just in case you don't know I will tell what it is. The MOVI is a small and lightweight handheld 3-axis digital stabilization camera gimbal designed for compact and DSLR cameras. It's shakiness level is adjustable as far as I know. Last month I attended to Shane Harlbut's illumination experience tour in New York. At the workshop Shane talked about this stabilizer and said that it is not a steadycam, it is not handheld but it is somewhere in between. So since you can adjust the shakiness level I think this must be the tool for you to get the effect you want. I hope that helps.