Hardev Singh

What do you think of my Music Video with BMPCC and Angenieux 5.9/12-120

Hi everyone,

After a few months i finally get a bmpcc back! Damn how I've been thinking that sold this gem for bigger cam was a good idea for my tight budget? (Red One MX that i kept one month then re-sold and re-get a bmpcc, yeah stupid idea)

So here is a Music Video shot with the BMPCC and 2 Angenieux beautiful oldies, the 5.9 and 12-120.

I LOVE these lenses ! Really the image quality seems outstanding to me, a nice organic feel but retaining a quite high level of sharpness. Particularly the 5.9mm that is razor sharp. When you know that these Angenieux where created from 1960's to 1980's and vary A LOT depending of the release year ( HEC coating, sharpness, color,... ) i had the chance to find two very late optics, the 12-120mm is from 1980 and the 5.9mm is from after 1987 ( check this page and the serial number if you want to know too : http://forum.mflenses.com/angenieux-lenses-by-serial-number-t10297.html)

These two were created in the same era that great Canon 7-56mm, Angenieux 11.5-138mm or Zeiss 11-110mm, so the quality of the glass is enough for solid 1080P work (i believe)

So tell me what you think of this, it was shot and edited in two days for a Challenge on Vimeo.

(I'll post sample frame of both lenses, because some shots are really reallyyy cropped and maintain that high sharpness really a good surprise for me)

Edited by Hardev Singh