Security Belt for camera operators and Gymbal operatos

Hi guys,

I was asking myself which kind of security belt we can use for camera operators and gymbal operatos. Normally we do a lot of car to car stuff with the gymbal operator and another camera operator with handheld camera. I was thinking on a system to keep them really safe to the transporter or the platform from which we are shooting.

I was taking a look on military belts made of nylon. Normally we use kind of a arness and Carabiner to attach directly to some support or to the sits of the car. Has somebody of us any idea in which kind of material or brand we should take a look?

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to put a disclaimer here that this is just my experience and I'm not certified to give rigging safety information so follow this at your own risk. In my experience, I've had plenty of success with the DBI Sala full body harnesses - they have a large pick point at the back for fall arrest devices which left the front relatively clear of things that would get tangled in the way. They felt very safe and weren't as uncomfortable or cumbersome as I'd expected - they're also not crazy expensive (although no price is too costly when it comes to protecting a life). Not sure if they're available in Germany, but regardless I'd look into full body harnesses. Also, these are things the production company should be providing for you - in the US under OSHA, they legally have to provide it/bare the expense.