low budget bluekey

Hi,

I'm planning a bluekey shot in a few weeks and wondered how I should light my key-cyclorama when you bear in mind that we havn't got the money or time(=money) to install tube frames to rig a bunch of cyc-lights to.

I was looking at highpower softlights to might the blue wall from the sides and discovered 5kW aurasoft and also the more traditional TV-style softlights like Arturo (strand).

maybe we could/should even use fresnels to achive higher light levels on the bluekey.

power is no problem, we've got 3 380V triphase lines.

the studio provide with enough space on bot sides of the cyclo-wall. the problem with the studio is that we can't hang fixtures from the ceiling or we'd have to install a rigging system.

I'll propably use vision2 200T.

any tips/remarks?

Hi,

I'm planning a bluekey shot in a few weeks and wondered how I should light my key-cyclorama when you bear in mind that we havn't got the money or time(=money) to install tube frames to rig a bunch of cyc-lights to.

I was looking at highpower softlights to might the blue wall from the sides and discovered 5kW aurasoft and also the more traditional TV-style softlights like Arturo (strand).

maybe we could/should even use fresnels to achive higher light levels on the bluekey.

power is no problem, we've got 3 380V triphase lines.

the studio provide with enough space on bot sides of the cyclo-wall. the problem with the studio is that we can't hang fixtures from the ceiling or we'd have to install a rigging system.

I'll propably use vision2 200T.

any tips/remarks?

Novadesign.com has software that can handle bluekeying cheaply. For lighting it, I've used blue-gelled makeup-ring lights in the past, and manufactured my own LED ring. Other options are to use spotlights positioned around the camera in a hex-form (6 lights) and gel them properly.