B&H Filmo 70 HR motor power supply ?

Mike Owens

I have two B&H Filmo 70 HR cameras, 400’ film magazines and two motors: one 24v motor and one 110v motor. Both motors use 3 pin female XLR type power input connections. I am building power canles for them as I can’t seem to find any original ones. My question is about using an XLR connector for the 110v motor: Will using a standard edison power cord soldered into the female XLR connector be safe? I won’t try using the microphone cable as most of those cables are designed for 48v max - for phantom power when needed - and I don’t want to start a fire trying to film scenes using the 400’ mags. Thank you.

• 5 months later...
On 11/4/2023 at 4:35 PM, Mike Owens said:

I have two B&H Filmo 70 HR cameras, 400’ film magazines and two motors: one 24v motor and one 110v motor. Both motors use 3 pin female XLR type power input connections. I am building power canles for them as I can’t seem to find any original ones. My question is about using an XLR connector for the 110v motor: Will using a standard edison power cord soldered into the female XLR connector be safe? I won’t try using the microphone cable as most of those cables are designed for 48v max - for phantom power when needed - and I don’t want to start a fire trying to film scenes using the 400’ mags. Thank you.

I have an extra XLR power cable if you still need one. PM me.

Hello, yes! I am in the process of building a power cable but I could definitely use whatever I can find! Thank you. I appreciate it very much. Please let me know how I can get in touch with you.

• Like 1