Kodak VISION2 Films in Super-8

• Premium Member

It's "official" and posted on the Kodak website:

http://www.kodak.com/US/plugins/acrobat/en...PCN041604_Q.pdf

KODAK VISION2 200T Color Negative Film 7217 and

KODAK VISION2 500T Color Negative Film 7218

Now Available in Super 8 mm Format

Beginning May 15, 2004, Kodak will offer KODAK VISION2 200T 7217 and KODAK VISION2 500T 7218 Color

Negative Films in Super 8 mm format. 7217 is highly versatile and reliable, offering excellent image structure

under a wide variety of lighting conditions while 7218 delivers crisp clean images and has the lowest grain

available in a 500T product. All the VISION2 Films provide excellent tone scale and flesh-to-neutral reproduction,

with superior shadow and highlight detail and very fine grain. They also maintain neutrality through the full range

of exposure.

KODAK VISION2 200T 7217, Super 8 Cartridge, CAT No. 5288535, replaces KODAK VISION 200T Color

Negative Film / 7274, CAT No. 5243456, Super 8 Cartridge (page 17) on a stock turnover basis.

Well done. Now if only there was an efficient and affordable telecine device that filmmakers could own to do transfers, like the workprinter, that would be great (I still don't know how the Workprinter is able to deal with color negative and deal with the color mask correctly). I'm really hoping some innovators out there will get the signal and start working!

- G.

Yeah!!! That's fantastic!!

Kodak is my new best friend.

John, can you advise me where I can buy Kodak Vision2 500T from?

I live in Northern Ireland, it's very difficult to get Super 8 films here. The only place I can buy them is through the camera store Jessops.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.