4 lens prime set focal length choices?

I'm down sizing my personal gear currently as I start to work on more things where I'm going full rental house. However - I always like to own a small package for doing passion projects, indie films etc. Mainly narrative.

My personal camera is an FX6 (full frame), and the lenses I have decided to keep for personal use are the DZO Vespid primes (of which I currently own the 40mm - which I bought for a project that was shooting single focal length, knowing I would buy more focal lengths at a later date). (I considered the Angenuiex EZ zooms too, but I don't have a plan to ROI on my personal gear, so I'd rather just rent more expensive lenses when paid for by the production).

I want to build a 4 lens kit, and am deciding on which focal lengths to flesh out the kit with.

The options are: 16mm, 21mm, 25mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 125mm, 90mm (Macro)

I'm leaning towards:

- 25, 40, 75, 125

- 25, 40, 50, 90 macro

- 25, 40, 50, 75

As much as I like the 21mm, with no 29mm lens available in this set - it becomes an awkward choice, and one I wouldn't use very often. 

Any advice, input, anecdotes, or suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Harrie

• Premium Member

If you own the 40mm I’d say there’s no need for a 50mm.

I use my 135mm lens very rarely. So if I were you, I’d consider to buy the 90mm macro instead of the 125mm. But of course this depends on your personal shooting Style and the type of projects. 

25/40/75/90 macro would be my choice.