Shooting projected video on 16mm

Couldn't figure out how to search for this topic with any success, so starting a new thread. 

I'm a relative novice in analog filmmaking without a ton of technical expertise or experience. I'm trying to figure out if I can use 16mm 500T to film the projected screening of digital footage in a low-light screening room. Assuming the projected image is bright enough to register workable light meter readings... some questions:

1. Is it okay for there to be any natural light coming in through the windows of the screening room? Or would that mess up the color balance?

2. Could there be any frame rate issues if I'm shooting at 24 fps (crystal sync)?

Any other tips or tricks for getting usable footage is much appreciated. Thanks!

I would recommend using a spot meter to measure the light coming from the projector to see if you need to push the 500T by a stop or two.

1. If theres natural light coming in through the windows, you need to meter that and see if its too much for the pushed 500T. In which case you might want to use some curtains or gels to cover the light coming in through the windows (if doable) or simply close the windows.

2. For this you need to figure out what kind of a digital projector you are dealing with. Here are some threads from the forums that might help:

If at all possible, I would simply go in with a 30m roll of 500T and shoot some tests, maybe even two rolls (one pushed and one normal processing) and see the results. But if tests are not possible, meter everything, eliminate possible problematic elements (the windows), figure out the math of the projector's refresh rate/ frame rate and prepare to accept any imperfect results.