An easy way to digitize collections

Posted (edited)

Eskimo%20films.jpg

I didn't have this easy way to digitize my film collection when I first started with film. I used to write everything down in a notebook. But eventually it got too much and was not kept up. If I had to do it all over again, I'd record films as they are purchased, as soon as bought...before they even arrive.

I'm not much of a computer person, so using digital record keeping was not natural for me. Even now I use a simple system of making folders and sub folders in one master film archive folder. Works fine for me. I can search for films to see what I got. Here is an example search for Eskimo films. I hope to someday finish with the record keeping. I got just under 1700 films done, but still have  2000 - 2500 more films to do. + a few hundred 8mm + 1000+ VHS and Beta tapes. I need a lacky intern to do some of this grunt work!

As I posted about earlier, it would be nice to have a snapshot scan in each folder to see a synopsis of the film in under a minute. I found a way to get still samples from the single image scans pretty easy to make a sampler. But it requires a regular scan to do it. A sampler scanner would do it right quick and effortlessly or near so. But no one makes them. I ran the idea by a scan company, but they just tried to sell me a regular scanner. 

<><><><>

Thank%20you%20for%20your%20order%20SPAM%

Selection from Email / Fax SPAM Collection

Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Archival Collection
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Small Gauge Film Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Advertising Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. VHS Video Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Popular Culture Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Audio Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Social Documentary Photography

PS...

Pretty impressive Robert!