Halo

this film should be Awesome!

Halo is based on the "Halo" game series for the Xbox and PC.

which is set about 500 years into the future where is Humanity fighting a war that has been raging for 30 to 40 years against a Religiously extreme group of aliens known as The Covenant. during this time a group of bio-engineered Human super-soldiers code named SPARTAN'S are made to turn the tide of a war that humanity is loosing.

Peter Jackson has taken on the Ex. Producer role if my memory serves me correct

• Premium Member
hi, I'm looking for funding for Pacman the movie, Daniel Day Lewis has signed on to play Pacman. Can anyone recommend some financiers?

Keith

You need to cast Ms. Pacman before they'll approve the financing. An actress with a large mouth would be a plus for the role -- Julia Roberts perhaps?

Personally, I'm most anxious to see the screen adaptation of the 70's video game "Pong." :blink: The cinematic possibilities of such a film are limitless.

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith
this film should be Awesome!

Halo is based on the "Halo" game series for the Xbox and PC.

which is set about 500 years into the future where is Humanity fighting a war that has been raging for 30 to 40 years against a Religiously extreme group of aliens known as The Covenant. during this time a group of bio-engineered Human super-soldiers code named SPARTAN'S are made to turn the tide of a war that humanity is loosing.

Peter Jackson has taken on the Ex. Producer role if my memory serves me correct

I think it would be great if they got in the same crew as for Lord of the Rings or King Kong. Could be really interesting with Andrew Lesnie.

It's not something you see a "huge" amount of these days, these sci-fi/adventure films.

(I've never actually played the game but I have seen things from it)

Edited by Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

I think it would be great if they got in the same crew as for Lord of the Rings or King Kong. Could be really interesting with Andrew Lesnie.

It's not something you see a "huge" amount of these days, these sci-fi/adventure films.

(I've never actually played the game but I have seen things from it)

yeah, its a great game with a great storyline. thats why many game's these day's are bieng turned into films. they have awesome and epic storylines that just cant be passed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but . . .

It's really NOT that great of a story. I had the game. I played the game. I played the sequel. One of the most overhyped and overrated games in history. It's okay, but Jesus. . .people act like it's the greatest thing ever (game nerds, that is--maybe not so much most of you people).

I may have played one or two games that really did have great stories, but I can't think of what they are, if I have.

Every time I see an article in a gaming mag or online (oh, by the way, did I mention I was a game nerd?), and they talk about how "real" the emotional content of a game is, and how moving the scenes are, I want to laugh/die. It's retarded. If you feel emotion when polygons voiced by mostly incomptent voice actors die/achieve victory, etc, then you are a simple human being. And I've actually heard of this.

There's role playing game series called "Final Fantasy," and I remember a series of letters (to a website? a magazine?--I don't recall) where people described how after so and so died, their family was sad for two weeks, or they couldn't touch the game for a certain period of time because they were overwhelmed by emotion when they did. Not making this up.

I like games, sometimes I like 'em a lot, but they got a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before they will seriously affect rational-minded people the way movies do.

So in conclusion, the story in Halo (and Halo 2)--not that special.