60FPS transfer to SD

EvanSchafer

Hey all-

We are bidding a job to be shot with the VariCam and possibly transferred to DVCPRO50 for post. I just want to confirm that it is possible to transfer material that was shot at 60FPS and that it would be extractable from the SD dubs by Final Cut. Anything I need to know or take into consideration?

• Premium Member
Hey all-

We are bidding a job to be shot with the VariCam and possibly transferred to DVCPRO50 for post. I just want to confirm that it is possible to transfer material that was shot at 60FPS and that it would be extractable from the SD dubs by Final Cut. Anything I need to know or take into consideration?

Yes, you have to decide if the 60P material is to be played back as slo-mo, like in a 24 fps timeline, or if it to be converted to 60i as normal motion, where each P frame just gets turned into a field.

Yes, you have to decide if the 60P material is to be played back as slo-mo, like in a 24 fps timeline, or if it to be converted to 60i as normal motion, where each P frame just gets turned into a field.

Good point. It would be slo-mo. I found this article over on 2-pop, (actually, you posted on it David) which explains the process. I would have to digitize the material at full rez, use the frame rate converter and then output to a DVCPRO50 deck then digitize that material. Not exactly a quick work around but do-able.

Here's the link if anyone else is interested:

http://www.uemforums.com/2pop/ubbthreads/s...=5&o=&fpart=all