Focus Drift Probelem with Nizo 801 Macro

Tanner Almon

Hey Super 8 gang,

I am hoping to shoot a spec music video next week with my friends Nizo 801 Macro. I recently shot a test roll and every so often the image pops out of focus and then pops back in. If anyone on hear has any advice on how I could potentially remedy the sitution I would really appreciate it.

If it helps I was shooting with a very old roll of extachrome that I think has been expired for several years, could that have anything to do with it?

My guess it that it either has something to do with my lens coming loose or the film not staying in the film plane. Unfortunately I'm not really sure how to go about fixing either.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

tanner

Guest uoliwils

had the same problem with a zeiss moviflex s8, and it seems to be a very common thing, I read about it many times.

Now I bought the frame master pressure plate. Hope the problem will be solved.

Wow, thanks for the replies. I really do hope that it is the cartridge. I know that my girlfriend grabbed them from a fridge where she works, apparantly it had been there for years. So anyway, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that that was the problem.

Thanks again for the feedback. Looking at the camera everything appears to be in tip top shape, so that would be great.

I do have one question though, have either of you, or anyone else for that matter, ever actually experienced their image going in and out of focus and confirmed that it is indeed the cartridge?

Best,

tanner

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i suggest you run a control test - focus on something clear, like a pattern on a board, then set the camera running; when the film is developed you will see if it is in fact the camera doing this?

ric

"I do have one question though, have either of you, or anyone else for that matter, ever actually experienced their image going in and out of focus and confirmed that it is indeed the cartridge?"

Best,

tanner

"I do have one question though, have either of you, or anyone else for that matter, ever actually experienced their image going in and out of focus and confirmed that it is indeed the cartridge?"

Best,

tanner

Sometimes, when you first run the camera, the film takes a few seconds to seat itself into the gate as it works out the kinks in the film.