Anyone purchased "Hollywood camera work"?

Yes I did and I think it's worth the money. It gives you a lot of information about camera movement, blocking and staging. Actually, I think you have to watch the DVD's several times to catch up everything... (I'm in a hurry, I have to go. I will write more later....)

• Premium Member

i bought it - well worth the money for me... i'm a writer / director, though, so your mileage will vary... i will say this, the guy who puts out the dvd set (Per is his name) is a first class individual who answers questions and posts exercises that follow up the learning in the dvd (which i also happen to think is first class).

there is an old thread about it...

ae

Guest david west
i bought it - well worth the money for me... i'm a writer / director, though, so your mileage will vary... i will say this, the guy who puts out the dvd set (Per is his name) is a first class individual who answers questions and posts exercises that follow up the learning in the dvd (which i also happen to think is first class).

there is an old thread about it...

ae

i just purchased it via the Christmas special.... i wont get it until after the first of the year, but i have to say

that the quick and professional response from Per is amazing.... the forum is similar to this one for those that have purchased his product and it is primarily about his product with blocking exercises and similar topics... sort of like having a private tutor for the price of a dvd set.... i doubt that anyone serious about producing films or video would ever regret the purchase....

• 3 weeks later...
i just purchased it via the Christmas special....

Darn, there was a Christmas special?!

Found the samples on the website very helpful. Just a bit hesitant to buy because of the price. They should get together an educational discount.

Imagine how all the amateur videos/films would be improved in production-quality by these techniques if it was affordable enough to get into every man's hands. No more gagging while watching a low-budget flick because of bad camera movement at least :)

Darn, there was a Christmas special?!

Found the samples on the website very helpful. Just a bit hesitant to buy because of the price. They should get together an educational discount.

Imagine how all the amateur videos/films would be improved in production-quality by these techniques if it was affordable enough to get into every man's hands. No more gagging while watching a low-budget flick because of bad camera movement at least :)

I also bought it via christmas special and just watched the first DVD and it´s great. It really breaks down the grammar.

Search a bit on google. Per is active on some forums (if I remember right, one of them is machinima.com) and for these forum members there´s also a good discount.