Brokeback Mountain Vs. Good night,and Good Luck

Guest JonathanSheneman

Guest JonathanSheneman

I'm calling this one .. Either Brokeback or Good Night is gonna win the Best Picture Oscar this year.

My bet is Good Night,and Good Luck because of it's lush cinematography,all star cast and high mix of art,politics and entertainment. Plus the academy members tend to be senior citizens in nursing homes. Brokeback is powerful story between two cowboys- very well done BUT I don't think it'll win because the older academy voters hate the homosexuals and communists and Ang Lee is both Chinese (Tiawan whatever) and the director of a hit movie about gays.

Best Director Oscar might go to Ang Lee but I doubt it. George Clooney is much more in the scene.

I'm right. Does Anyone else have an opinion about this years Oscar's???

• Premium Member
BUT I don't think it'll win because the older academy voters hate the homosexuals and communists and Ang Lee is both Chinese (Tiawan whatever) and the director of a hit movie about gays.

Wouldn't someone Taiwanese be more likely to be anti-communist, not communist???

Guest JonathanSheneman
Wouldn't someone Taiwanese be more likely to be anti-communist, not communist???

Something like that.

Guest JonathanSheneman
It seems to me that you are severely prejudiced against older academy voters.

Something like that too. I've never been too impressed with the academy awards period. Since Ed Wood was passed over in favor of forrest crap in 1994 I haven't really cared (except when it comes to message boreds). Most quality films being made now are docs or no-budget indies made by insane directors/writers. But I want the statue one day, not to necessary to win one, I can "borrow" one or just flat out rip it off and burn it down! Hahahaha. Oscar..

Anyway. Ang Lee and Brokeback won the Golden Globes last night so that means that Keith Ledger will be the only Oscar winner for B.Mountain - [/b]Good Night,and Good Luck will win Best Picture,Best Director, Best Original Screenplay and Best Cinematography. I feel this one.

• Premium Member
the older academy voters hate the homosexuals and communists

Yes, because everyone knows that homosexuality and communism are and always have been anathema in the film industry. Besides, the voting members of Academy would never give a film about a cowboy hat wearing gay man the Oscar for Best Picture, much less a film with two cowboy hat wearing gay men. - :rolleyes: [insert sarcasm]

• Premium Member
Something like that too. I've never been too impressed with the academy awards period. Since Ed Wood was passed over in favor of forrest crap in 1994 I haven't really cared (except when it comes to message boreds). Most quality films being made now are docs or no-budget indies made by insane directors/writers. But I want the statue one day, not to necessary to win one, I can "borrow" one or just flat out rip it off and burn it down! Hahahaha. Oscar..

Anyway. Ang Lee and Brokeback won the Golden Globes last night so that means that Keith Ledger will be the only Oscar winner for B.Mountain - [/b]Good Night,and Good Luck will win Best Picture,Best Director, Best Original Screenplay and Best Cinematography. I feel this one.

Kid,

You should take a break for a few weeks up to several years. In each of your 15 posts, you sound like an ignoramous. Go read a good book.