Grip equipment

James Steven Beverly

I'm sure rental houses might have some clearance type stuff, but it depends on where you are and where you look.

There are always people willing to throw out grip equippment if it might take a little bit of work to get it going, but hey, it's worth it.

I'm sure rental houses might have some clearance type stuff, but it depends on where you are and where you look.

There are always people willing to throw out grip equippment if it might take a little bit of work to get it going, but hey, it's worth it.

check out www.kayelights.com

they sells lots of used equipment

chris

Keep an eye on eBay, searching for 'matthews', etc., but don't expect great deals. Most grip gear doesn't lose that much value over time.

I've bought stands from Pyramid Films in L.A., but they mainly sell used lighting.

I just won a couple of $40 new C-stands and a combo stand from Amvona (through eBay) and I expect they'll be fine. I got some $7 sandbags from them and was surprised at the good quality of construction.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the AMvona stands. It's cheaper to buy them on Ebay and ship them to the UK than buying the Avenger stands here. They are solidly build, very heavy, but something I like about them. They're all turtlebased. Sometimes there's a few (small) scuffs on them new, but hey a filmset is not a doll house. Worth it if you calculate the postage in your price..

Werner

Sound/Spark/Grip

London

UK

Keep an eye on eBay, searching for 'matthews', etc., but don't expect great deals. Most grip gear doesn't lose that much value over time.

I've bought stands from Pyramid Films in L.A., but they mainly sell used lighting.

I just won a couple of $40 new C-stands and a combo stand from Amvona (through eBay) and I expect they'll be fine. I got some $7 sandbags from them and was surprised at the good quality of construction.