Rockport, Maine. Opinions?

Hey guys (and girls),

In a couple of weeks I'm heading to the International Film & TV Workshops in Rockport, Maine to do an Internship and was wondering what the general opinion of that place is in the industry.

If anyone here has gone there, or known people who have attended/taught workshops there I would appreciate any thoughts on how valuble time there is, etc.

Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...

Been There some years ago great place in the Knowwhere

what you can do ist learning and working till the end of the day .

And you realy learn ther from very expirienced people .

my course was from people all over the wolrd .

We in Euope dont have courses on this lavel with this great prise.

For me a A+++ rating what i miss a beer plase to chat after the studio work is done . ;( but the americans are ther a bit different.

Greating from Vienna

Mohab

If you are Euopean visit also http://forum.cameraman.at and Register for act News

Hello, was wondering the same, I'm a professional still photographer with 10 years experience. I'm tempted to learm more about cinematography. Are the 4 weeks training at Rockport worth the time and money ?

Best, S.

• 1 month later...

I went in ...'98 and had a good time. As a matter of fact, I decided to stay longer for the Advanced Lighting workshop during the 1st week. Had a good time. Beautiful place. My beef with it was they never sent me the footage of my final shoot of the second week...a scene we each had to shoot after a couple days of planning. They said they would but didn't. So now all I have is a Polaroid and a slide of the shot (below). Interesting bit of trivia...the person in the photo is Curt Cressman, a commercial rep from Kodak, Los Angeles. Great guy.

Maine.jpg

I was experimenting with exposing with smoke or "fog" in a shot which ends up being tricky to balance because it's basically uncontrollable (especially with a nice Maine breeze) in an otherwise controlled environment.