XL1S or DVX 100A?

Evan Luchkow

i am shooting a short in the near future and i would like to know which camera would be better for me if most of the shooting i do will be in 60i and 30p? i will only shoot a couple short scenes in 24p. i plan to take the 30p footage and play it at 24p and i plan to deinterlace the 60i and play it at 24p....this will give me slow motion. i want to know which would be the best? i want to have a very clear image, but i also want it to have good cinematic motion/look...

• Premium Member
i am shooting a short in the near future and i would like to know which camera would be better for me if most of the shooting i do will be in 60i and 30p? i will only shoot a couple short scenes in 24p. i plan to take the 30p footage and play it at 24p and i plan to deinterlace the 60i and play it at 24p....this will give me slow motion. i want to know which would be the best? i want to have a very clear image, but i also want it to have good cinematic motion/look...

Well, the DVX100 can do all those -- 60i, 30P, and 24P -- whereas the Canon XL1S can only do 60i and the fake 30P look using frame mode. I'd pick the DVX100 over the Canon XL1S anytime. Now if it were between the Canon XL2 and the DVX100, that's another story.