Wide Lens for Super 16 Eclair ACL II

Super16Eclair

I have a Super 16 Eclair ACL II with a Zeiss 12-120mm macro zoom lens. I would like to add a nice wide lens to my kit, but I'm having trouble working out which lenses will actually cover the Super 16 image area. I'm not after a lens that's going to look too fish-eye either.

Is there a list anywhere on the net detailing which lenses will work?

I'm happy to go with a C, CA Eclair, Arri standard or bayonet and Nikon F mount.

Has anyone had experience with the Russian made Peleng 8mm? Can this be fitted to the Eclair?

Or the:

C mount Tamaron 6.5mm?

C mount Computar 8mm?

C mount Cosmicar 9mm?

Not looking to spend a fortune either. Any ideas??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Only the 1" video C mount lens will cover plenty s-16, but below 12.5mm I think all of them are unusable due the back lens elements are pronouncing, with the exception of the 10mm Zeiss Jena and the Schneider (only the biggest front one).

Kinoptik (5.7 and 9) are "reasonable" cine lens that will perform OK in this format.

There are the newest (and "prohibitives") PLs Zeiss, Cooke, Elite, Optar and Century (6,7,8 or 9.5mm wide angles). I think only the old 9.5 Zeiss and the Optars have Arri bay.

Some 10mm Switars will be OK.

Also I have used the old Zeiss 8mm with success, but only if the lens and camera mounts are absolutely centered. The minimal corner vignette will be cut in a 16/9 TV or 1,85 projection.

Hope this helps.

All the best.