the revolution will not be digitized

Evan Winter

came across this particularly interesting film. interesting primarily because of the events surrounding it (it playing at sundance and i haven't had a chance to see it yet).

the director is a 20 year old from connecticut. who put this together on a pretty low budget. the cinematography is interesting. without a doubt it's raw. but i like it. very 'primer'esque'.

here's a link to the trailer:

http://www.moonshinethemovie.com/trailer/large.htm

there are some other interesting things about the film but we'll talk about that soon... :)

evan

• Premium Member

Mr. Winter,

I enjoyed your post. I to was very moved by this film trailer. I cannot put my impression

of it in words yet,however it stirred me. As a student of film now,I hope you continue to post

on this subject. I liked the camera work but you see I am not locked into any format that app-

roves or disapproves anyone's use of the camera or style of cinematography(craft,art). Being

a long time stills photographer I tend to break the hell out of the rules.

Greg Gross

Mr. Winter,

I enjoyed your post. I to was very moved by this film trailer. I cannot put my impression

of it in words yet,however it stirred me. As a student of film now,I hope you continue to post

on this subject. I liked the camera work but you see I am not locked into any format that app-

roves or disapproves anyone's use of the camera or style of cinematography(craft,art). Being

a long time stills photographer I tend to break the hell out of the rules.

Greg Gross

wow that looks great. Made for under 10,000 too!

• Premium Member

I wonder how much post-production played into the look of the final trailer? Have no experience

shooting 24fps and then to film. Have shot with PD-170 in 4:3 and then went to 16:9 in post. I hope

Mr. Winter continues to post on this film. Have shot with DVX-100 A but not to film with it.

Greg Gross

glad everyone's enjoying the trailer....that's precisely why i wanted to post it. i direct music videos and tend to be a bit of a (i apologize!) film snob. But when i watched the trailer for moonshine i instantly thought 16mm. after i read up on the film and found out that it was shot with the panasonic 24p camera i was shocked. pleasantly so. the trailer and the cinematography looks perfect for the story (although, i must admit, the real test would be to see this film in a theatre and not just on a shrunken quick time screen on a computer monitor). but i hope the film is good and i wish this young and apparently very talented director all the success in the world!

evan