BIG TIME newbie question here

Ok I have a Nizo S800 Super 8 camera that I bought a while ago looking to try to animate some of my cartoons. I'm just getting around to trying it out.

Here's my ridiculous question:

I've got batteries in it, but the lense isn't zooming when I turn it or try using the power zoom.

Also, the manual says you're supposed to be able to check the batteries by pushing this button and watching the aperture indicator needle needle on the scale under the viewfinder. I can see the scale, but I don't see any needle.

I've looked through the manual, but I'm not seeing what I'm doing wrong.

I don't have any film loaded in the camera. Do I need to in order for these things to work?

Thanks for any info. I really need some help!!!

Hi

The camera doesn't need film, it should run. If it doesn't make sure the batteries are inserted the correct way. Also check the terminals for corrosion, and clean them if you have to. If that doesn't do it, I'm afraid the camera needs professional service.

Hi

The camera doesn't need film, it should run. If it doesn't make sure the batteries are inserted the correct way. Also check the terminals for corrosion, and clean them if you have to. If that doesn't do it, I'm afraid the camera needs professional service.

Thanks so much for your help.