Hey,

i'm directing my first 16mm short on 200 tungsten film with the Aaton next week and i could do with a little help or sugestions if any one can help. Briefly the film is about a guy with obsessive compulsive disorder who confines himself to his apartment until everything goes wrong for him.

Lighting - the look i am going for is like that of Mark Romanek's 'One Hour Photo'. That real sterile clean look in the supermarket. i know alot is down to production design so all the walls ect are all off-white and any probs ect are either stainless steel or pale blue's, grey's, and whites. the lights i can get by hands on are blondes, 200's, 650's, afew in between and a HMI, along with aload of flags,diffusion, gels ect.

Shooting inside Mask and toilet bowel - i was hoping to have a shot inside a gas mask, much like the shot in 'Jarhead'. The gasmask has a full visor unlike the two eye holes in 'Jarhead'. i could possibly put the camera inside of the mask but it's pretty tight for cameraman's head and there is nothing stopping it from sliding around camera.

the other shot is of inside a toilet where the actor lines the seat with toilet paper. i got a new white seat (the same as one already on toilet) and was thinging of drapping black bin bags around seat to stop any light spilling in and attaching legs to keep it steady on the ground. i'm not sure how well this would work though as i want a fairly tight frame with just few inches of the seat allround.

if any one can help in any way or any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Matt.

• Premium Member
i want a fairly tight frame with just few inches of the seat allround.

Well, your frame is a rectangle and your seat is an oval, so you're going to shoot more of the underside of the seat in some corners or have it not in-frame in some corners.