Arri 35 BL 2 mag problem

oscar jimenez

Hi, Im having an issue with a BL2 mag, it seems to bite film on the take up side, when I load it with look properly lenght, it seems when I engage the film back again on the feed side take up at the troat of mag, then lock it on the take up core, it gets stiff and hard, and when I start trying to wind it around the take up core, it starts to skip perfs and film is thorn on the take up sprockets first and then on the feed sprockets a few turns later, I checked the timing on the feed sprocket and looks / feels fine, tried to diminsh pressure of the brake pad a little bit but it is still happening, can timing check and fix be set on the take up sprocket as well as the feed side sprocket? dont wanna mess up the mag more that it is already, does the clutch tension has to do with this? the John Fauers manual says brake pad tension should be set at 2 and Clutch tension at 5, what those numbers refer to? is it a measure with a tension Gauge Meter? Im still struggling, a little help will become handy, thank you all indeed

Oscar