color correction

Craig Buzz

• Premium Member

Hi,

Photoshop can do more than any "real" colour corrector, and the interface is quite different to the way the commercial devices work. Premiere has the three-way colour corrector which is more or less a direct emulation of the first stage of a commercial device.

What're you trying to achieve?

Phil

I've been using a program called Color Finesse with Final Cut Pro. It also plugs into Premiere, After Effects, and some other programs. Works on Windows as well, and it's pretty affordable.

It's got a lot more tools than the "stock" color correctors that come with NLE's like Premiere and Final Cut and has some very nice scopes and preview tools in it's own interface, and my favorite feature: the ability to import curves from Photoshop. The secondary tools aren't bad either.

I've been using a program called Color Finesse with Final Cut Pro. It also plugs into Premiere, After Effects, and some other programs. Works on Windows as well, and it's pretty affordable.

It's got a lot more tools than the "stock" color correctors that come with NLE's like Premiere and Final Cut and has some very nice scopes and preview tools in it's own interface, and my favorite feature: the ability to import curves from Photoshop. The secondary tools aren't bad either.

that actually sounds great,importing curves from photoshop,as ive said ive been a still photographer for years and i only really use premiere because im so familiar with photoshop so that sounds perfect i will check it out,thank you