Russian B&W madness

Giles Perkins

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up four rolls of it, and have one in my cam at the moment. The ones I got expired in 1992, but I'm not too worried about it since it's B&W reversal. I think that the exposure is picking it up incorrectly. For some reason it's setting the f-stop at 1.4 in a poorly lit room, which I don't think is correct for a 50 ISO rating. I haven't had any of it processed yet, so I don't know how it will come out. Does anyone know if the Ruskies have a different way of notching their cartridges? It almsot seems as though the camera is reading it as a 250 cart.

Edited by repete86

I guess it was just my light meter acting up on me, because now it seems to be exposing correctly. And they aren't out of it yet. I just checked on Widescreen Centre's website and actually ordered a few more rolls to experiment with.

if the ccartridge has no slot for the daylight filter it sets the cam to 40D.

the film speed slot size is the same as 64 but with the built in 85 filter disabled the cam asa is set to 40.

read the right column.

check the details about the filter notch from an old post on shoot8 regarding reading 160 carts.

it is only the filter slot which is of interest here.

here is what you need to do to make the cam read the cart as 160/100:

this is where the filter notch is located - open it and the cam is allowed to read it as either 160 for tungetsen (when the built in 85 filter is disabled) or 100 with the filter in place for daylight shoot.

Click images for biger size:

notch3.jpg

how to mod and why:

notchlever.jpg

s8hôôt

Edited by S8 Booster

HI

=I picked up four rolls of it, and have one in my cam at the moment. The ones I got expired in 1992,

This is Svema B&W reversal OCHE-50 , Super 8 film in cartridge.

This is film from old stock, but can be use for shooting.

I make a few experiments and have not bad result.

I use speed of 8-12 ASA and doubled time of first B&W developer.

The cartridge have DX code of speed and type of film, if need, i can check DX code detailed.

I have chemistry for process of Svema film and can explain procedure processing.