angenieux primo lenses with bolex rex h16

DaNiElE BeLArDo

Guest Ian Marks

I think you're asking if there are Angenieux prime (single focal length) lenses set up specifically for the Bolex Rex. Primos are something else (Panavision, I think). I own several C-mount Angenieux primes, but I've never seen one marked "Rx" or anything else indicating that it was set up for a Bolex from the factory. You might want to try them on your camera and see if they work well as they are. If not, a lens technician may be able to make a small adjustment to each lens to optimize it for the Bolex. Hope this helps.

I think you're asking if there are Angenieux prime (single focal length) lenses set up specifically for the Bolex Rex. Primos are something else (Panavision, I think). I own several C-mount Angenieux primes, but I've never seen one marked "Rx" or anything else indicating that it was set up for a Bolex from the factory. You might want to try them on your camera and see if they work well as they are. If not, a lens technician may be able to make a small adjustment to each lens to optimize it for the Bolex. Hope this helps.

---I seem to recall from an ancient Angenieux lenses brochure, that there were RX versions of the primes.

But as you imply, the trick is finding some.

I believe that Primo is also a Filipino beer.

---LV