Underwater shots!

Goodwill

Hey guys,

I am shooting a scene underwater with a Bolex H16 Reflex 16mm camera. I have built a fish tank that will support my camera, and I have a Bolex cord trigger thing to run the camera when it is in the fishtank. My question is, which lens should I use, and how should I should I over expose when I shoot it? I will be shooting it in Black and White negative Film stock Kodak 7222. The problem I have is I will have to shoot it blind without looking through the viewfinder, with my actor infront of the camera underwater. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the best results that would be awesome! I have done it before with digital, but film from what I have learnt in the past year is very VERY different! Also, the lenses I have access to right now are the 10mm, 25mm, and the 75mm. I find it hard to focus with the 10mm though. Anyways, any suggestions would be much appriciated! Thank you!

Goodwill

• Premium Member

Well, I have no experience with underwater shots, no experience with the Bolex. 7222 is a rather grainy stock but overexposing it doesn't really help. Generally if you can't look through the viewfinder while operating, or pull-focus easily, put the widest-angle lens on you can.