16mm Bolex short

Matchless

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...84121287&q=sfsu

Here's a short film I shot in Two days with a Bolex wind up. It's not too impressive other than the fact that I only shot two 100 foot rolls in 6 hours and I edited it completely on a Flatbed Steenbeck with a gullotine and tape in about 8 hours. I know old skool technology but I wanted to do it right. The steenbeck scratched the hell out of my workprint and im not excited to throw down cash for someone to cut the negative, it was more of a learning process in 16mm than anything else. I still have the negative, I could telecine it but I'd rather spend the cash on color stock for my new K3. Let me know what you think. In the end I projected it on a Eiki and shot it off with a crappy handicam of my buddies, because I left my PD 150 at home, D'oh! Now i don't have a projector and i have a goofy ass reel. SO, please bear with all the scratches, dust, tape, blood sweat and tears.

Let me know if you have anywork as well.

Kirk

BelvedereProductions@gmail.com

PS check out my other video, Brand new Colony

yo, i watched a bit of this. The google thing does it no justice. it ends up looking like a DV film with magic bullet scratch effects etc on. Id love to see this telecined... Why dont u do it? wicked tho that u cut it by hand. Did u get loads of hairs on it?

yo, i watched a bit of this. The google thing does it no justice. it ends up looking like a DV film with magic bullet scratch effects etc on. Id love to see this telecined... Why dont u do it? wicked tho that u cut it by hand. Did u get loads of hairs on it?

yeah, when you're editing manually sometimes you drop the work print on the ground. lol, it happens. Where would i get a cheap telecine?

kirk

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ronney Ross

Not sure of their quality but try filmrescue.com seems to be in my price range=cheap. lol

-Ronney Ross

• 2 weeks later...

Kircules. I like your style. It seems unique instead of trying too hard like most out there. One thing that is key here is attention to detail. Your stuff might not be flashy, but it sure as hell does not bore. It keeps my curiosity going on. I enjoyed both films. They look professional in their own way.