Elite Lenses

Elhanan Matos

• Premium Member

I just worked on a commercial with a group of french cameramen, they brought over a ton of equipment from europe, including two highspeed cameras and a few sets of lenses. At one point we put on a 14mm Elite lens, this was the first time I have heard about this lens and I wanted to test it out, but I can't seem to find anyone who rents them out in the united states. Has anybody else worked with these lenses?

• Premium Member

Slow Motion Inc have both spherical and anamorphic Elite lenses. The spherical lenses go from 9.6mm to 200mm.

www.slowmotioninc.com/

I don't know of anyone who rents them out in France though, but there is a rental house in Belgium that has these two lens sets. They also rent out highspeed cameras, including one Panavision Highspeed 360, which apparently is the only one in the world.

• Premium Member
There is a section covering them in Max's Anamorphic FAQ in the cinematgraphy FAQ section of the forum.

Right ! The opportunity is actually given me to thank Max, BTW. I used his list the other day, for a course. The anamorphic's lenses weights impressed my students...

They suddenly understood why it was valuable to have an idea of what focal length you want to use before you put it on the camera, better than "try and see"... :)