Konvas servicing in Canada

Guest 3ldfilms

Guest 3ldfilms

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying a Konvas 2M or a modified 8M. Both have PL mounts installed and are supposed to be well maintained but what I'm worried about is where can I get these maintained in Canada? I live in Toronto and was wondering if anyone knew of a place that could service them.

Or, if there is a camera that is similar enough (Arri? Eclair?) that a camera tech could work on it without prior knowledge of it.

The other option is go to for an Arri IIC but they are more expensive and heavier. I love the tiny size of the Konvas (and the price).

Thanks,

Ed

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying a Konvas 2M or a modified 8M. Both have PL mounts installed and are supposed to be well maintained but what I'm worried about is where can I get these maintained in Canada? I live in Toronto and was wondering if anyone knew of a place that could service them.

Or, if there is a camera that is similar enough (Arri? Eclair?) that a camera tech could work on it without prior knowledge of it.

The other option is go to for an Arri IIC but they are more expensive and heavier. I love the tiny size of the Konvas (and the price).

Thanks,

Ed

Hi,

I don't know any shops in Canada that service the Konvas. However, Maine, USA is not too far from you. That's where Bernie O'doherty's shop is. His site only mentions that he works on Kinors, but he does great work on the Konvas as well. His site is http://super16inc.com/page4.html

Best Wishes,

Dan Cordle

Hi

=I am thinking of buying a Konvas 2M or a modified 8M. Both have PL mounts installed and are supposed =to be well maintained but what I'm worried about is where can I get these maintained in Canada?

The procedure of setting of PL mount must make with special tools, because, will need re-centering of lens mount and adjust of flange focal distance.

From other side, will need experience do this.

I can propose service and modification of Konvas camera in Ukraine.

I do this and more other.

The detailed information about service you can request from me. olex@a-teleport.com

Olexandr