Need Feedback for my page/showreel

Hi you out there, I need some feedback to my new page and my new showreel. the showreel is at this time without music, because i haven't found already a composer who write me a score because i can't use a copyrighed song in germany. can i go out with this and apply by some companies? thx and greetings alex

http://www.visual-bastarts.de

Edited by Alex Fuchs

hi - some nice stuff here, particuarly the b/w, but I'd make this shorter, get it down to a minute or so. Also, on my monitor the low light stuff looks almost totally black -- probably not how it looks in optimal conditions but consider that your medium in this case is a monitor.

Not sure why you need specific music, but there are a few things to consider with music.

You could consider using music that's in the public domain. if you're outside the US (.de?) you should look into your country's copywrite laws on music and look carefully. In the US almost nothing is in the public domain, even works written before 1923. That said, you can often liscense music for one-time or low/no broadcast use such as in a demo reel. Finally, there are loads of student composers out there offering their stuff for free/cheap, do a search on public domain music.

best of luck

G

thx grainy for your comment and critics. i render the stuff again not so dark.

but come on guys only one answer, I need feedback, critics etc. I want to go out to the biz with this. maybe someone wants to critize me - just do it. thx a lot greetings from germany alex

Hi German. I agree with Grainy. Too long. Maybe if the pace was different the length wouldn't be an issue. I think you have some beautiful stuff, but found myself bored half way through. It doesn't seem you edited for effect (i.e.-reaction) but instead just show-cased some very nice footage. Remember most of the people who will see this in the biz want to be entertained while watching it. Good stuff but it doesn't sell you well enough in its present state. I say make it a minute or so long and re-edit it with the knowledge that this one minute is all you have to get a prospect interested. Thanks for sharing, you are indeed a talent. :D