Re mastered Virus syndicate music video

Guest matthew david burton

awesome work. loved the video. the concept fit perfectly with the song. very exciting to see what you did with 50 pounds. really enjoyed the bit at the end where the boys are doing the whole 'intro the next song' thing.

:)

hats off!

evan winter

very nice incorporation of twixtor and steadicam!!

But I disagree with your billing structure

a flyer USD8000

a XL2 USD3000

Twixtor USD600

FCP USD1200

Computer USD1000

Your skill as a twix operator and steadicam and DOP

should round at about £10k :)

awesome work. loved the video. the concept fit perfectly with the song. very exciting to see what you did with 50 pounds. really enjoyed the bit at the end where the boys are doing the whole 'intro the next song' thing.

evan winter

Hi Evan,

The £50 pounds went on petrol for my car lol.

It's really a credit to the Virus boys who were fantastic to work with. They needed very little dirrection and it was very much a team effort, I haven't worked with better performers since i did that video.

The bit at the end is my fave bit also, was very lucky to get so much off camera banter from the boys, some muscians can be very dull off camera lol.

The track they originaly were playing on the getto blaster had to be pulled by the final edit, and replaced with another track from their album ( that was tricky to say the least).

Anyhows really glad you enjoyed it, thanks for kind words.

-matt

Edited by matthew david burton

very nice incorporation of twixtor and steadicam!!

But I disagree with your billing structure

a flyer USD8000

a XL2 USD3000

Twixtor USD600

FCP USD1200

Computer USD1000

Your skill as a twix operator and steadicam and DOP

should round at about £10k :)

Granted Rolfe,

I do tend to charge a little more theese days, that was my first music video done last year.

I was in a tight spot with the record label as i had lined up another director for the job.

In the begining i was just supposed to be recording a docu about the making of the video.

It turned out the director was a total crook with no talent what so ever. The release of their single was getting ever closer and i decided i'd have a go at making a video for them.

Wish i could have shot it on a better format DV is a real pain in post took me about 3 weeks to get that edit.

If i could price that job again i would deff charge £8/10k's but alas i haven't gotten into the right loop just yet.

I'm lucky to get £500 for a video with most bands i know.

Help !

:lol:

Edited by matthew david burton

Granted Rolfe,

I do tend to charge a little more theese days, that was my first music video done last year.

I was in a tight spot with the record label as i had lined up another director for the job.

In the begining i was just supposed to be recording a docu about the making of the video.

It turned out the director was a total crook with no talent what so ever. The release of their single was getting ever closer and i decided i'd have a go at making a video for them.

Wish i could have shot it on a better format DV is a real pain in post took me about 3 weeks to get that edit.

If i could price that job again i would deff charge £8/10k's but alas i haven't gotten into the right loop just yet.

I'm lucky to get £500 for a video with most bands i know.

Help !

:lol:

That video looks great, especially knowing it was shot on an xl2! What type of crew, if any, did you have and did you do anything to the look of the footage in post besides color correction.