JAPANAZOOM

Guest santo

• 2 weeks later...
Back in my crazy sports car racing days my buddies and me all raced English cars. We referred to Japanese cars like the 260Z's as being made out of "fish heads and rice paper" and called them rice burners. We weren't being racist about it - just having fun with the whole concept of Japanese sports cars. I lived in Chicago where there are a lot of ethnic European groups who always were grousing that nothing was made in the USA like in the "Old Country". My buddy Cliff Kabamoto had a lot of fun talking about how good the cars from his folk's "Old Country" were - yes, he was talking about Datsuns and Toyotas.

I'm not certain if "Japanazoom" is very respectful of the country the cameras came from. In truth the Japanese did one heck of a job of building inexpensive 8mm gear for the masses. Most of them may be pretty much junkers by now but they're all 30 and 40 years old and have never been to Alan Gordan for a tuneup. I suspect a lot of our revered Arri 2's, etc. would be junk by now if they hadn't spent their service lives being used by professionals who take good care of them and send them to professionals for service.

Edmond, OK

You used to race Engish cars? If I didn't owe you so much, I might be a smart ass and say something like how do you race a car that breaks down before you can get it to the end of the driveway? :D. (I used to race a Corvette and you shoulda heard the poop we gave the Ford guys)

You used to race Engish cars? If I didn't owe you so much, I might be a smart ass and say something like how do you race a car that breaks down before you can get it to the end of the driveway? :D. (I used to race a Corvette and you shoulda heard the poop we gave the Ford guys)

legend :D

post-11012-1143799426.gif