HVX200 to film

Michael LaVoie

I saw a film out transfer of some HVX200 footage transferred to 35mmFuji print stock today at Postworks in NYC. It was way better than any DV footage I've seen transferred. Postworks has some upcoming seminars on transferring HVX200 footage. Contact em for more details. The future looks promising for this camera.

I saw a film out transfer of some HVX200 footage transferred to 35mmFuji print stock today at Postworks in NYC. It was way better than any DV footage I've seen transferred. Postworks has some upcoming seminars on transferring HVX200 footage. Contact em for more details. The future looks promising for this camera.

That would make sense since the camera has much higher resolution than any DV camera. Just curious what the film out cost at Postworks?

It wasn't the resolution as much as the overall image lacking any motion artifacting and other "video" glitches. It was actually cleaner than most S16. If nobody told me, I'd assume it was 35mm. And this is with the stock lens. I have a shoot coming up with the HVX and a PS adaptor and we'll be doing a transfer. When the final results are in at the end of April, I'll post a report on it. For prices, I'd contact Postworks directly.

It wasn't the resolution as much as the overall image lacking any motion artifacting and other "video" glitches. It was actually cleaner than most S16. If nobody told me, I'd assume it was 35mm. And this is with the stock lens. I have a shoot coming up with the HVX and a PS adaptor and we'll be doing a transfer. When the final results are in at the end of April, I'll post a report on it. For prices, I'd contact Postworks directly.

I would love to see some adpter footage blown up - even to 16.

If we can get a great image (on a transfer from HD with an adapter), then the playing field just got a little more level.

Please post what lenses you use.

THX

-rook

• 4 weeks later...
Guest solshinefilms

Hi

What was the format used in shooting?

What does Postworks recommend?

1080 24p? 30p?

720 24p?

720 24pn?