EYE lights & soft sources

Hi there,

I'm shooting indoors with lots of natural light and I'm wondering what I should be using just to add a nice eyelight to my actors? Also I will need to use some soft daylight balanced lights as were shooting one long through the day and the natural lighting is going to change a bit and I have some areas that need to be lit, space is tight though, what do you guys recommend?? Will some small Dedo's be enough for the eyes, or is there something smaller? I'm gonna use reflectors to help bounce the natural light, there is already alot of white walls and neg fill to help me mould faces. What soft, broad daylight sources are availible?

Thanks,

Jac

been a long time since I lit anything!

If you're using big, soft sources in rooms with lots of white walls, I wouldn't have thought you'd need eyelights. There should be plenty of bright surfaces to reflect in your actors eyes.

Daylight soft sources could be HMI's with softboxes or through frames of 216/250 etc, or daylight kinos, amongst others.

• Premium Member
If you're using big, soft sources in rooms with lots of white walls, I wouldn't have thought you'd need eyelights. There should be plenty of bright surfaces to reflect in your actors eyes.

Daylight soft sources could be HMI's with softboxes or through frames of 216/250 etc, or daylight kinos, amongst others.

If you need a little bit, a 2-foot-2-bank kino with only one tube on usually does the trick for me. You can wlays add some opal or some such over it if the kino-catch-light is unpleasant.