Fuji Velvia 50D The great new Super 8 Film!

Guest filmfreund

Guest filmfreund

On Saturday, GK-Film of Bielefeld (Germany) started the sale of Fuji Velvia 50D Daylight film in Super 8 cartridges. At the film fair in Waghäusel the company sold the first cartridges, called GK-Film Cinevia. You may even buy this film in 16mm and in Single 8 cartridges (12 meters). All is available.

We tested this film for smallformat magazine (new issue is out now!). It's great stuff. Very fine grained, great colors! The film costs 24,50 Euro including processing at Andec (Berlin). You can also buy this film without E6 processing.

Mr. Klose has the following email address: gk.film@web.de. His website www.film-super8.de is mainly in German but there are some English pages too.

Now it's up to us how successfull this new enterprise of Mr. Klose will be. He invested a lot to bring this film to market. Let's try it!

Juergen

www.smallformat.de

Edited by filmfreund

Hi, just placed an order for a few rolls of super 8 and 16mm cinevia, after 21 years of loyality towards kodak i've gone green. Just hope kodak see's the lite, ditches the 64t and brings out a descent super 8 reversal stock.

Edited by k25rip

The super8reversal lab in Holland will also sell them. When the lab reopens that is. check www.super8.nl.

The website is also in english.

Roel

BTW. I just ordered mine (in German) from GK. I'm very interested in the results. Would be perfectly for my Eumig Nautica since it doesn't read 64 asa.

Hi, just placed an order for a few rolls of super 8 and 16mm cinevia, after 21 years of loyality towards kodak i've gone green. Just hope kodak see's the lite, ditches the 64t and brings out a descent super 8 reversal stock.

Its a shame you have lost all that time being loyal to kodak , you have been missing out . john holland .

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the single 8 version of this film. What cartridges to they use for this 50 asa film, the 25 or 200asa notched ones? Will my ZC1000 know this is a 50 asa speed film? What did you guys do, just under expose or use the variable shutter ?

What's the difference between wittnerchrome 50D and Cineva.

Thanks, getting ready to go with single 8 again....